家庭寄宿 is another living option where you can live with a New Zealand family and learn more about the local culture.
家庭寄宿 is a great option for international students who want to improve their conversational English and would like to live with a family who can help settle them into life in New Zealand.
Your homestay family will provide you with a room, 一张床, desk/table and space to store your personal belongings. You are expected to keep your room clean and tidy and help with household duties as if you were one of the family. They will also provide you with three meals a day, seven days a week.
家庭寄宿s are usually located within 30 minutes of the campus.
Click here for a break down of costs during your home stay.
|每周Costs||$280||包括食物, 权力, laundry and in most homes, unlimited Broadband (some homes might still be on a plan and request a contribution) but exclusive of phone and transport costs.|
|家庭寄宿 Placement Fee||$350||A non-refundable homestay placement fee must be paid before being placed with a homestay family|
|提前四周||$1120||You will need to pay the first four weeks costs before you can be placed with a homestay family|
Students need to submit an 国际 家庭寄宿 Application Form at least three weeks prior to your arrival in New Zealand.
A designated caregiver is a family member or close family friend living close to campus that the student would like to live with. Students under 18 years wishing to live with a designated caregiver will need to ask their parent/guardian to complete the Indemnity Section of the Off-campus 住宿 form.
Under the Ministry of 教育 工作守则, the University is required to visit the home to determine that a safe physical and emotional environment will be provided that meets the requirements of the Code. If the University of 美博白菜中心论坛 deems the accommodation to be unsuitable, the University retains the right to refuse enrolment to the student until suitable replacement accommodation can be found. A non-refundable fee is payable for this assessment.
家庭寄宿 Contact Details
Interested in becoming a 家庭寄宿 Family?
Thank you for your interest in becoming a 家庭寄宿 family. Our 家庭寄宿 families provide a caring and safe home that supports the health, safety and wellbeing of the student at all times.
Before starting the application process, here is some important information:
- 作为一个寄宿家庭, we expect that you will accept the student as a member of the family and encourage them to be involved in family activities and English conversation
- Each student must have their own bedroom and access to internet, a bathroom and laundry
- The student will be provided with three meals per day plus snacks
- Students are usually required to stay in the homestay for a minimum of four weeks. After the initial four weeks, students and homestay families may give two weeks notice of their intention to move
- 家庭寄宿 families may have a maximum of three students at any one time
- 家庭寄宿 family members over 18 years old must agree to sign the New Zealand Police Vetting form